Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Refreshment from a Plenitude of Perspectives

The other day I had one of those delicious moments when I could pause at The Pond at Central Park and enjoy the soothing beauty of the calming water.  I found myself mesmerized as I watched the Koi lazily swish their lacy tails and lift their heads to gulp mouthfuls of the sky settled on the pond's placid surface.  A thought bubbled up in my mind that those fish live for centuries, literally, and will never realize that they live in Manhattan.  Then I found myself turning around and spotted a window in a high rise where someone was standing and seemingly staring at me.  He lifted a glass and then turned back into the corridor. He may have been thinking the same thing about me, "That guy could live his entire life in Manhattan and never really know what it is like."

My five minute pause complete and feeling refreshed, I rushed down the stairs into the Subway and jumped into a crowded car.  As the train plunged into the tunnel I looked down the length of the car at all the people and considered all the wondrous worlds revolving in all the people's thoughts.

Garrett Buhl Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment